The Celestial Perspective

A real-time continuation of The Celestial Perspective Project

11/6/12

Election Day



Ah - election day, 2012.  It's here at last!!

I have conducted my own poll on this particular election.  It seems that everyone still believes that it is important that we get out there to vote.  Perform our civic duty, such as it is, and cast our ballots.  This, of course, rides on the back of previous elections that have been rigged and stolen.  For those of us that are too young (or perhaps forgetful) to remember the election of 2000 and 2004 where George W. Bush stole the presidency of the United States.  For those that are in denial of this - go back and look at the evidence, it's all out there.  I remember it - the Florida recount - the Inauguration Day protests - the lack of confidence in our leadership which followed.  Many of us remember it - but still feel that the best and, in some cases, the only way to make our small voices heard is to vote.  I will cast my ballot today, in the hopes that my voice is actually counted, but with no guarantee of or faith in the system which promises that I count too.

No comments:

Post a Comment