A good man in hard
times prays to god - “god, just let me win the lottery, I have
been good, I love everyone equally, I live a decent life. I just
wish I had a break from all this financial turmoil, please just let
me win.”
Weeks go by, the man
hasn't won.
In the mean time his
car breaks down and he can't get to work. Again, he prays, “god,
please, I really need help, please just let me win the lottery. I
can't get to work and I have no money to fix my car. I have
continued to be kind to others and respectful and humble, please just
let me win the lottery.” Again, weeks go by and the man does not
win.
Then one day he finds
out that his mother has fallen ill and needs an operation to survive.
They don't have any insurance for her, and since he's been out of
work, he has no way to pay for it. Again, he falls to his knees and
with tears in his eyes calls out to god, “please god, I beg you, I
have been good, I am a loving and kind person. My only goal in this
world is to serve others. I have lost my job, I have no car and now
my mother needs an operation I can't afford or she will not survive.
Please, please just let me win the lottery.” He prayed and cried
until he could do no more. When he finally lay still, he heard a
voice in his head saying, “do me a favor – buy a ticket!”
We've
heard it before. Actions speak louder than words. Intention is
everything, they tell us, I say action is born of intention, and
without such only loss of faith will follow.
I see
so many follow the intention path only to erupt in a fit of rage when
all their affirmations and beliefs don't bring about the requested
results. When this happens repeatedly, they denounce the entire
process and begin questioning their faith.
The
truth is, intention without action is the mother of many grievous
ailments. Including hoarding, addiction, abuse, physical and mental
illness, obesity, the list goes on and on.
Everything
from the lazy man that says he'll start dieting tomorrow, now pass
him that pizza to the hoarder that says she needs that box of pipe
cleaners for a project she wants to do with her now grown children is
a direct example of non-activated intentions.
Even
some light workers are not immune to this process. I have seen many
that have long practiced as light workers still not be able to let go
of their judgements, despite their intent to hold unconditional love
and acceptance for all.
We must
all strive to improve on taking action upon our intentions. We must
do the work, not try to get it done. Indeed there is power in
intent, that much is evident, however do not forget to take the steps
to complete the path.
Much
Love,
Alle
No comments:
Post a Comment